When I became a freelance journalist and blogger in 2006, I really thought I’d focus primarily on radio journalism and dabble in blogging. Over the past few years I’ve become more of a full time blogger with a part time radio habit. But that’s worked out surprisingly well for my radio career since it means I’ve been able to take the time to focus on the few stories I do each year.
- In New York I had the pleasure of working with Antenna Audio to help produce audio tours for exhibits at several New York Museums.
- This summer I helped get WHYY’s Its Our City blog up and running.
- I also spent some time working as a part time editor in the WHYY 91FM radio newsroom, but I was doing this in addition to blogging full time, which meant I was working 12+ hour days for about a month. It was a great way to get back into the swing of Philadelphia politics and local issues after spending a few years away from the city, though.
- Now I still help out from time to time as a fill-in afternoon anchor at WHYY, so don’t be surprised if you hear me announcing the news or reading the weather report every now and again.
- It’s been a great year at Download Squad. Our traffic has continued to grow and we’ve written some excellent articles about software and web technology.