So here’s my long overdue list of five things you probably didn’t know about me.
- I can juggle. In fact, for a while in college one of my favorite extracurricular activities was traveling with friends to various juggling festivals in the Midwest. The photo shows me juggling at a Renaissance Fair when I was in high school. I’m a bit out of practice now, but I can still juggle three clubs or four balls. I’ve been on the verge of being able to juggle 5 balls for the last 10 years, but for the most part I just juggle produce in the grocery aisles these days.
- If you couldn’t tell from the picture on the side, I also used to have hair halfway down my back.
- My first paying gig in radio was a 2.5 hour anchoring job on the weekends. I spent about an hour of that time waiting for a short break in A Prairie Home Companion so I could play a promo, read 30 seconds of a weather forecast and then go home.
- I spent the better part of a year managing the wine department in a retail store in Chicago, but I don’t really drink much. In fact, I’ve never been drunk in my life.
- My first computer was an Atari 800XL.
The problem with doing this list a few months late is I’m not sure I can come up with five people to tag that haven’t been already. But here goes nothing. I’d like to tag Chris Lanier, Alan Cooke of Missing Remote, Rakesh Agrawal of Snapsteam Media, Chris Tew of WebTV Wire, and SolSie.