The Marantz PMD661 pro audio recorder I mentioned last month is now shipping in limited quantities. Sweetwater has a small number of units in stock for just under $600. And the folks at Marantz have put together a brief YouTube video explaining the features of the recorder and how it differs from its predecessor, the Marantz PMD660.
- The XLR jacks now accept now line/mic inputs, not just mic input. They also have “enhanced” preamps.
- There’s a digital S/PDIF input.
- The outputs have been upgraded from 1/8th inch mini jacks to RCA outputs.
- There’s a new 1/8th inch mini input.
- The headphone jack is now 1/4th inch instead of 1/8th inch.
- The recorder has a shiny new OLED display which is easier to read.
- The VU meter is at an angle, making it easier to monitor from the top or side.